Carolyn Walter has been practising law for over 30 years. She spent the first 14 in South Australia – in private practice, then with the Crown Solicitor’s Office in the SA Attorney-General’s Department, and finally managing a group of lawyers at the South Australian Health Commission.
During a trip to the Territory with her daughter, Carolyn recognised the opportunities that Darwin had to offer and her family made the move north. She joined Ward Keller in 2000.
Carolyn manages commercial matters and banking and finance matters, both litigious and non-litigious. She also oversees Ward Keller’s wills and estates practice.
Following 11 years as a Partner, Carolyn retired from the partnership in July 2014 and now practices as a Consultant.
Carolyn acts for banks, corporate entities, not-for-profit organisations and individuals. She has a pro bono practice and is a board member of several not-for-profit organisations.
Carolyn was an artist in a ‘former life’ and has a special interest in arts law. She is also passionate about sailing and enjoys cruising in Top End waters and further afield with her husband at every opportunity.
Areas of Law
- wills and estates
- banking and finance
- dispute resolution
- commercial and business law
- property and contract law
- intellectual property law.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws, Adelaide University
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner in South Australia (1986), High Court (1986) and the Northern Territory (2000)
- Former member of the Northern Territory Law Reform Committee in relation to Family Provision and Intestacy Law
- Holds various board memberships.